[I sold this bike already. I’m just leaving this here for archival purposes. -Shabbir]
So I’m selling my beloved first motorcycle, a 1976 BMW R60/6. When I bought my Harley a couple of
years ago I stopped riding it. I put it in my shed, covered it, and that’s the last time I spent any time with it. It’s currently not running, and I have not tried to get it going since I put it in the shed.
Now it’s time to clean house, so I’m going to make you a deal on it as a project bike. However it’s in good shape as the flickr set shows. It’s got approximately 54,000 miles on it and has been in a shed for several years. It’s a pretty good bargain for a project bike. I’m also throwing in a wide variety of accessories which will make this a dream project for anyone who can competently turn a wrench. Here’s what you get:
- The bike, which is a beauty if you like old BMWs. Virtually no rust on the bike.
- The Clymer maintenance manual for the bike (awesome!)
- A pair of perfect, brand new, never used Krauser bags. I received them as a gift from my wife, mounted them, and then put them away. The inside smells like new…because they are!
- A brand new, "old stock" BMW seat. The existing seat is in fine shape, but I fell in love with the crisp look of the new seat and the logo printing when I saw it on eBay and I had to have it.
- A wide variety of maintenance accessories, including tools, plugs, filters, and oil.
- A clear title! This bike is both street legal and has a perfectly legal title! You will actually own it and be able to register it, unlike so many motorcycles for sale these days.
I’m not interested in shipping this bike. Contact me about seeing it and we can make a very aggressive deal in cash.